8 Reasons Why Social Media Is More Important Now Than Ever Before
A few months ago, I was having a conversation with a fellow business owner. We were talking about business, Covid and marketing.
She told me how their business had been impacted this year and how they had to make abrupt changes to their business model.
What changed? Their marketing strategy.
For over 20+ years, they had been running their company profitably mostly using referrals and industry connections. They had never felt the need to invest in marketing because everything was going well in their business.
'If it's not broken why fix it'.
Things only shifted when a new competitor came onto the scene. The competitor moved right past them and they started seeing a decline in their revenue and client retention. They were losing business.
The old system they had relied on for so many years was failing them. What had worked seamlessly in the past had left them clamouring for clients.
I could relate to her story because I have come across similar stories throughout this year. The onset of Covid has forced a lot of business to shift their marketing strategies to adjust to the new environment. An environment that has reduced the effectiveness of most traditional marketing strategies.
What now? How can business thrive in this climate and create new opportunities using various media?
By making use of social media and digital marketing strategies.
Social media has given business owners the opportunity to maintain their authority and customer relationships regardless of the current economic situation. The free platforms have allowed businesses to maintain their revenue-generating activities and to find new ways to reach their customer base.
Things have changed and the way that consumers are responding or buying is different from what it was 10 years ago.
If you are still on the fence about building a Social Media marketing strategy for your business or if you need to re-evaluate your current strategy to get more tangible results -here are 8 reasons why social media is more important now than ever before:
1. Social Media will keep you in touch with your customers and audience
2. It is a free marketing tool that every business can use to get in front of their ideal audience and target market.
3. There are more people online now than ever before and it is the perfect time to take the opportunity to build an online presence for your brand.
4. It’s a great way to attract organic traffic to your website or local business.
5. Social media gives businesses the opportunity to build the 'know like trust factor' with audiences. Nurture their current customers and to build relationships with cold audiences
6. Increase ROI using social media paid marketing.
7. Whether you want to connect with local audiences or to reach millions of people on the other side of the world you can target specific audiences using social media.
8. There is a platform for everyone. It doesn’t matter what niche you are in. There is a social media platform that caters to your audience, a place where your ideal clients are already hanging out. It's just about positioning your brand in the right space.
The digital marketing world is one of the fastest moving industries. It is always changing and evolving. That is why business owners have to work to ensure that their marketing strategy evolves too. Social media can be the solution your business needs to achieve results.
Whether you are a novice or if you are trying to scale your business online, social media can work for you too.
Need help to build your online presence and to scale your business using social media? You can book a time for a free 1:1 Social Media Strategy Session.